Intro
Month ago I was searching some info about ja2 on linux/unix. As first I've found wiki . There I've found ja2 1.13 mod... So I started searching something about it and found ja2 1.13 mod site (I think the site is down/inactive at the moment) ... ja2 1.13 mod (ja2v113) is running only on windows... So I installed wine on my FreeBSD box and started to play it. ja2v113 has new and interesting features (like new weapons, better AI, ...). I've played it for 2 days and then found on the ja2v113 forum that sources are open with some license that forbids comercial use... I was interesting if there are some attempts to port it to unix/linux... Stracciatella is one that runs on linux/unix... Also ja2v113 is being ported to linux... So I was hoping I could help port it to FreeBSD too... But then I saw the sources... The game is mostly written in C some parts are written in C++ with C-like style. But the whole code doesn't look nice( global variables, global structures, the naming is inconsistent) so I start thinking about rewritting the whole game to C++ with boost library (for filesystem, loging, ...) and also clanlib (for graphics).
Blog will contain some info about progress and so...
Blog will contain some info about progress and so...
Comments